Site Meter

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It's a tie!


They're going under the hammer - my neck-tie collection is about to be dissembled and sold, for the sake of marital harmony. Robyn's lined them up, shot them and is about to post them, in sets of three, on Trade Me. I'm a little saddened to be losing my old friends, but honestly, they're something that I've had hanging around my neck for a long time now. Here's a sample - my glorious Ren and Stimpy number - how I'll bear being without it, I don't know. Have to say though, I never wore this particular tie - hard to find an appropriate occasion for it. You might have one coming up though. Bidding starts with the first bid :-)

6 comments:

Armchair Critic said...

I don't believe it. You may recall earlier this year that Shane and I asked that you post a photograph of you wearing three neckties. No such photo has been posted yet. If it was anyone else I would conclude that you lacked the courage, but in your case I have decided it's because you don't have three neckties. So the statement that they will be bundled into threes and auctioned cannot be true.

robertguyton said...

You make a good argument, AC. Clearly, I have just this one tie. Perhaps if I wore it three times I'd be almost telling the truth?

darkhorse said...

end of an era rg

thought thought the R&S tie would have caught the mood at many a council meeting

robertguyton said...

And many to come, Darkhorse. If I come across a Magic Roundabout tie, I'll make an exception and invest. Some opportunities are too good to let go by.

darkhorse said...

merry christmas

and more power to you for 2014

robertguyton said...

And a very merry Christmas to you, darkhorse and to your family too. 2014 will be a doozy, by my reckoning - after all, I've nothing to lose and much to gain. I'll keep you informed of any and all developments.